Thu, 19 December 2013
American Hustle movie review, Nelson Mandela’s insane interpreter and Shia Lebeouf being a MEGA-DOUCHE once again!
Christmas Craziness has ensued! We have no idea what we’re talking about!
Here’s the show!
Possibly the last episode of the year…. But not guaranteed!
C Bomb is still being accosted and assaulted by various idiots in public
Reality TV hosts are just there to do the math
G Money sweats it out at the cinemas
UFP Crew Questions
- Jerks who arrange plans and then cancel them without telling you
- Nelson Mandela sign-language interpreter’s unsurprising history
- Santa’s back…. And he’s pissed!
- Australian cuisine: Is there such a thing?
- Paul Walker’s replacement in Fast 7
- Theoretical monster mashes with the AVP franchise
- Shia LePoof being a MEGA-DOUCHE once again!
- We are in fact, NOT looking forward to the Tila Tequila “sex tape”
- Matt Fraction leaving Inhuman
- Fake Dutch ovens are still quite funny
- South Park: Stick of Truth STILL being censored in Australia
- Movies to “look forward to” in 2014 and 2015
Movie review – American Hustle
- Sandman Film news
- Don Cheadle confirmed in Avengers 2
- Sinister 6 and Venom movies confirmed
- W. Haden Blackman to write Elektra
- Animal Man cancellation
- Batman the Dark Knight and A+X Cancellation
- Talon wrap up
- Will Moss left DC for Marvel
- Will Dennis and Mark Doyle leave DC/Vertigo editorial next year
- Stray Bullets reprints!
- R.I.P. Janice Valleau and Peter O’Toole
- Paul Dini and Joe Quinones writing Bloodspell featuring Black Canary and Zatanna
- More video game censorship rubbish in Australia
- Capcom shuts down unauthorized Ghosts and Goblins Kickstarter
- Netflix will stream Breaking Bad spinoff, Better Call Saul
Wed, 11 December 2013
A day early! (at the time of the drop)
Ozzy needs a Pagoda and a Ketamine Burrito
People think cats are their own species when in fact, they are just gay dogs
Some painful real life facepalms
Autism is now in vogue
UFP Crew Questions!
- Requests for “C*nt of the Week”; this week “Hi-Tila Tequila”
- Rover Red Charlie – Garth Ennis’ new work
- The New Sin City movie
- Disney’s acquisition of the Indiana Jones franchise
- Our FINAL rant on The Walking Dead
- All the Amazing Spider-man 2 news
- A Sound of Thunder
- Is watching Honey BooBoo grounds for leaving someone?
- Ron Burgandy whoredom knows no bounds
- Books we haven’t written
- Australia’s only epic city in and epic example of epic-bad journalism
- The worst baby names in 2013
- Batman vs. Superman; should they just call it “Justice League”?
- Wonder Woman casting
- The bait ‘n’ switch of Brian’s death on The Family Guy
- Terminator TV series to tie with the Terminator films reboot and we all wonder, “Why the fuck?”
- Matt Smith meeting with JJ Abrams and now featuring in the latest “American Psycho” theater run
- The new US Godzilla remake
- Adam Sandler is Hollywood’s most overpaid star (what a shock right?)
Thu, 5 December 2013
LiLo a no-go in GTA V, 'Swallowed By Satan': On Becoming A Gay Nazi Porn Star Witch and ranting on The Walking Dead (again!)
Nothing “clever” to say today.
Here’s the show!
Starship Troopers is a great movie and we provide reasons
Battlefield Earth is a life-crushingly awful and we provide reasons
YO JOE! Where are your arms!?!?
Go-bots and Rock Lords creative department were worth every penny!
Special shout out to our UFP Subscriber Craig Parillo; http://craigdrawings.blogspot.com
When TMZ reports C Bomb’s death, feel free to laugh it up!
Westboro Baptist Church being bigger media whores then Lindsay Lohan
We can save Hollywood Jews millions with the latest Fast and the Furious
Independence Day has not aged well, whereas Jurassic Park has
UFP Crew Questions
- Amazing Spider Man 2 rumors
- Our wishes should a Genie come into our lives
- Don’t stress the regenerations
- Ranting on The Walking Dead (Again!)
- 'Swallowed By Satan': On Becoming A Gay Nazi Porn Star Witch
- We honestly don’t know what the Fox says and we’re damn proud of it
- Bitstrips shitting on Bitstrips
- Doc Fluxx (Feed it Comics) pitches his alternate reality movies
- Thieves be thievin’, just in time for Christmas!
- New report tells us the glaringly obvious truth; Australian teens are getting dumber
- CW Network announced another DC TV series: Young Justice
- To possibly appear on The Arrow TV series; Solomon Grundy, The Question and Red Hood
- DC trademark registered, but it’s for “David Copperfield”. I think Detective Comics have a legal summons to send…
- The Hourman TV Series and it’s channelling of Dial H
- Jeff Lemire and his cryptic tweet for Justice League of America
- David S Goyer looking to do Booster Gold, Team 7 and Deathstroke movies for just $20 million
- Brand new re-numbering and story arc for Wolverine and the X Men
- Ben Affleck wants comic book movies to be legit
- Next-gen consoles have arguably better graphics than previous gen
- Lindsay Lohan wishes she looked as good as the characters in GTA V
- Nancy Silberkliet in deep trouble at Archie Comics
Thu, 28 November 2013
We are BACK! Sorry for the skip-a-doodle on last week’s ep. But we’re hoping this offering more than makes up for it.
So without further ado, let’s get to it!
We’ve been missed. Ah, bless!
White Ribbon Day; it’s what our society has become
Ian Watkins from Lost Prophets makes our skin crawl off our bodies and leaves on a plane to somewhere much, much better.
Alan Thicke must be so disappointed
UFP Crew Questions
- The Moon or Mars; which would we live?
- Dr Who 50th Anniversary edition
- Our dream castings for the new Preacher series from AMC
- We do math! (It’s as exciting as it sounds)
- G Money’s voice acting gig on Bob’s Burgers
- DC dropping the ball AGAIN with their Arrow series
- Best soundtracks to comic books
- G Money’s opinion on West Ham’s move
- Jl8 comic is pretty neat! www.jl8.com
- Real life “The Happening” a.k.a. Death by wind
- Super fit mother removed from Facebook for hate crimes against the morbidly obese
NERD NEWS!!!! (@1 hour 19mins)
- Sleeper film by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon
- Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson cast as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avergers: Age of Ultron
- Moonknight by Warren Ellis and Declan Shaluey
- Jeff Johns solo ongoing, rumors of Shazam
- Paul Dini and Eduardo Risso on Vertigo with a renowned Batman character
- Mark Waid and Chris Samnee staying on Daredevil renumbering
- JJ Abrams Almost Human starring Karl Urban is very good
- New Gen console releases and the first thoughts and launch titles
- The new Family Guy episodes where the kill off Brian
- Final Fantasy 4: The After years for IOS and android is rubbish apparently
- Ys: Memories of Celceta
- Lisa the Painful, the RPG with no women currently on Kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/131274701/lisa-the-painful-rpg/
- Vin Diesel wants Ang Lee to direct the Kojak movie… THERE’S a sentence I never thought I’d write!
- “The Bent Bullet” viral marketing for Days of Future Past
Thu, 14 November 2013
Netflix Marvel series, Channel 10’s constant rating disasters and Perth’s own “Flying Headbutt Man!”
WHOA NELLY! Was this ever a messy one! I think there are some bits still worth listening to…. Mmmm…. Maybe not. How about you folks decide and get back to me.
People in Perth are always trying to “Get Ahead”!
A quick plug for our What you should be Reading comic series
Golf NEEDS to go away forever
George Carlin IS the best man to ever live
Tiger’s got game
UFP Crew Questions
- Mark Wahlberg Vs Mark Zuckerberg
- Direct IM3 sequel starring the Mardarin or how to screw up a franchise from Lucas’ assistant
- The Batfleck suit and why Kevin Smith has his panties in a twist
- We still find Sasha Baron Cohen hilarious
Check out @TvNetworkNotes on Twitter to see how utter clueless TV Execs really are
Channel 10 in big trouble and C Bomb can officially see into the future as he predicted all of their horrendous shows would tank in the ratings
The white supremacist “Outed” on Trisha
NERD NEWS (@ 1 hour)
- The new Netflix Marvel series with Drew Goddard running Daredevil and Melissa Rosenberg running Jessica Jones
- New Fantastic 4 movie debuts June 19th 2015
- Assassin’s Creed movie drops August 7th 2015
- Nightwing, Lex Luthor and Wonder Woman to appear in Batman Vs Superman
- Robert Kirkman’s “Outcast” has already been optioned for a TV series
- Extinction Parade by Max Brooks also optioned for a TV Series
- Si Spurrier on X Force
- Skottie Young on X Men Legacy
- Storm ongoing series
- Boom studios signs distribution with Diamond
- Check out Batman: The Deal at moonheadpress.blogspot.co.uk
- PAX AUS 3 day passes already sold out when they have over a year to go before the event
- Nintendo goes super old school with their mah-jong set
- Stevie Nicks to appear on American Horror Story: Coven
- Why George A. Romero turned down directing episodes of The Walking Dead
Thu, 7 November 2013
Looking very spiffy in our vomit-covered rented suits, here is the latest episode in all it’s “glory”
The Melbourne Cup continues to annoy and perplex us
Remember, remember the 5th of November…. For annoying the piss out of us!
Those dirtbags over at The Boxed Whine….
UFP Crew questions
- Ejecting people into space
- Freakin’ hipsters
- Who has the bigger hog?
- Batman Origins
- Best “starting point” comics
- Antechinus: the only animal who likes to play FPSs
- Sandman: Overture
- Chocolate potato chips
- “Five years later” for New 52
Oprah can’t do the Twitter
Miley Cyrus moves of from old boyfriend by making out with old talentless bags of pale white skin
Former world’s fattest man finds love
NERD NEWS!!! (@ 1 hour 9 mins)
- Hourman CW TV series
- All New Marvel Now
- Kamala Khan, the new Ms Marvel
- Vince Gilligan on Community
- Hugh Jackman and James Mangold in talks for new Wolverine film
- Jim Starlin Thanos project
- Stormtrooper vibrators?
- Camp WWE is a horrible, horrible idea
- Bruce Campbell shoots down Army of Darkness 2
- Ouya hits over 500 games
- Videos actually BUILD your brains, not rots them!
- The Kane and Lynch movie is going to happen (?)
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag review
- The Mandarin retcon
Thu, 31 October 2013
Better late than never eh?
Sorry for the lack of foot notes but I've had to pull a few strings to even get this to drop as early as I could.
I'll be updating this sometime soon.... I promise!
In the meantime, have a safe, spooky and happy Halloween!
The Dana Gould Hour is not ours and we don't own it.
Please visit the Dana Gould hour for more of his unique blend of craziness.
Thu, 24 October 2013
Vanilla Ice struggles to maintain relevancy, crushing Katy Perry’s larynx and Mark Wahlberg is CASEY JONES!!!
Well…. If anything this episode proves that C Bomb should NEVER drink before the podcast ever again!
Anyways, on with the show…..
UFP Bonus goodies
C Bomb’s drinking
When even Ian McKaye says you’re “Beyond help”, you must be pretty messed up
UFP Merch ideas
UFP Crew Questions
- The Fall shows we’re onto
- The Crew’s reaction to The Walking Dead in General
- No question too invasive, no proposition too embarrassing
- Jackie Chan should ride a giant Australian boar to re-invigorate his career
- Vanilla Ice struggles to maintain relevancy
- Magical powers imbues us with the gift of Star Wars re-casting
- Favorite comic book artists
- Comic books into TV Shows
- TV Show/characters into Comic Books
Explosive Professional Wrestling’s Re-Awakening XII!
Check it out and get tickets at www.epwperth.com
Special Brew’s video launch at The Bakery!
Comiczone’s Halloween Cosplay weekend!
Forgotten love and questions
NERD NEWS!!! (@ 1hour 26mins)
- Captain America movie poster dropped
- 2 post credit scenes for Thor: Dark World
- Trevor Slattery is coming back!!!
- Alan Moore is “The Original Writer”
- A + X ends at issue #18
- Pre-production on the Batman/Superman film begins
- Australians prefer single player games over multi player
- Rockstar trolling the troll
- Entourage much like Vanilla Ice, struggles to maintain relevancy
- Sony requesting images of Beyond: Two Souls nudity hack
- Wii now out of manufacture and the best and worst of the console’s run
- Anchorman 2 trailer: Will Ferrell, you’re not funny and no-one cares
We go on to make the worst movie ever.
Thu, 17 October 2013
We have officially turned One Year old! And with age comes wisdom…. But while we’re still waiting for that to come around, here’s the show.
Channel 10’s ‘Wake Up’ is now the latest disaster to arrive on our TVs
Love from our Crew and some favourite moments on the show
UFP Crew Questions
- Potential Disney/DC crossovers
- Confusing lists of Men
- We explain the rules of “Knifey-Spooney”
- DC Villains month wrap up
- Comic recommendations
- The future of UFP
Abysmal Hercules Trailer!
The man who donated Crystal Meth to flood victims
Sir Anthony Hopkins love letter to Bryan Cranston
Movie Review: Prisoners
Nerd News (@ 1 hour 7 mins)
- Shit Nerds Never Say
- NEW YORK COMIC CON!!!!
- Plush Rocket Racoon now on Ebay for $110!
- Miracle Man returns!!!!
- Silver Surfer ongoing by Dan Slott and Mike Allred
- Fantastic Four wrap up and re-launch
- Secret Avengers by Ales Kot and Michael Walsh
- Loki: Agent of Asgard by Al Ewing and Lee Garbett
- Punisher by Nathan Edmundson and Mitch Gerads
- Elektra by Zeb Wells and Mike Del Mundo
- Ghost Rider by Felipe Smith and Tradd Moore
- New Warriors by Chris Yost and Marcus To
- She Hulk by Charles Soule and Javier Pulido
- All New X-Factor by Peter David and Carmine Di Giandomenico
- Marvel – Revolutionary War
- Avengers Undercover by Dennis Hopeless and Kev Walker
- DC: Five years later
- Detective Comics 75th Anniversary: Frank Miller returns
- Batman Eternal – Stephanie Brown returns
- Green team, Vibe and Katana cancelled
- Kevin Smith and Walt Flanagan Batman miniseries
- Transformers/GI Joe Series by IDW
- Greg Rucka: Veil by Dark Horse
- Ant Man: Joseph Gordon Levitt or Paul Rudd
- Zach Whedon on a Serenity follow up for Dark Horse
- Watch Dogs delayed until Q2 2014
- Australians excited about PS4, other next gens not so much
Thu, 10 October 2013
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH WHATTA RUSH!!!
Back in fine form! Let’s get to it!
It’s almost our 1st Birthday! HUZZAH!
CJ Ramone is the Shemp of the Ramones
Val Venis’ Adult’s only Macarena
Tommy Dreamer’s wife looks like Mama Fratelli
UFP Crew Questions!
- The price of living in Perth
- Halloween in Australia
- C Bomb loves his Motrin
- Eating lobsters
- Halloween costume ideas
- How your birth signs will predict your health
- Higher learning got us where we are (jealous huh?)
- Qatar gives the world another reason to hate them
- Vanilla Ice give the world another reason to hate him
Exploding tattoo business is booming (pun INTENDED!)
This week in death: R.I.P. Mark “Chopper” Read, Tom Clancy and Phil Chevron
Chevron needs to know your vagina’s history
Movie Review: The Canyons
- Masters of the Universe Movie delay
- I Frankenstein trailer
- Punisher fan film shut down by Marvel
- Will Ferrell shills whats left of his soul
- New York Comic Con
- New Image series Outcast by Robert Kirkman and Paul Azaceta
- Dynamite and Dark Horse to crossover Conan and Red Sonja
- Who is Jake Ellis has now been optioned for a movie by Fox
- Manapul and Buccelato to take over Detective Comics
- Fantomex Max Review: 4/5
- Hinterkind Review: 3.5/5
- Watchdogs WiiU ahead of the curve
- First looks at Beyond: Two Souls