Mon, 29 July 2013
Alllllllllllllllllllllrighty! Strap yourselves in folks for this episode is, as they say, a doozy!
Children with absurd names due to absurd parents
G Money’s wrap on The Wolverine
If a Guardians of the Galaxy is happening, an X Force movie is definitely going to happen
Is North West’s middle name “Bynorth”?
Masterchef loses the plot on its own, already weak, premises.
Slideshow looks like it should’ve been on Blue Peter 30 years ago
Where can we go to get some REAL NEWS!?!
UFP Crew Questions
- M Night’s potential TV future with a The Twilight Zone reboot
- The cost of comics in Australia
- Publishing Daredevil in braille
- Shoutout to @MetalObsessed
- The proof of friendship
- How we feel about John Robertson moving to the UK
- Legit scary movies
- Our plans for the next conventions appearances in Perth
- G Money’s comic trade recommendations
- Our “hidden gems” when it comes to movies
- Quick additional thoughts on The Wolverine
- BJs on the Armadale line and gay tourists not welcome in Russia
- Fantasy swapping FB feeds
- Lawrence Mooney thinks he’s Paul Mooney
- Wolverine: The Musical
- The water in Australian toilets
- Dr Who 50th anniversary edition will drop simulcast worldwide
- 47 Ronin trailer
- 2000AD official petition for a Dredd sequel
- Amazing Spiderman 2 pics and footage coming out, funnily enough, not of Spiderman
- Eiichiro Oda still in hospital (Get well soon!)
- Competitive Gaming now recognised as a professional sports
- Driving cars using NES joypads
- First reviews of The Ouya
- Reviews of the Earthbound re-launch on WiiU
- Defend a killer whale in court with the a new DLC for the latest Phoenix Wright game!
- Nightcrawler series now called Amazing X Men and done by Jason Aaron and Ed McGuiness
- Fight Club sequel the graphic novel
- Sacha Baron Cohen walks on Freddie Mercury biopic
Wed, 24 July 2013
Early drop but a short one (we apologize for those of you who like our normal filibuster eps) but we’ll be back to our normal long-form show by the next drop.
Now let’s get onto it!
Gene Hackman IS The Wolverine
UFP Crew Questions
- Battle Royale/The Hunger Games
- The Best Doctor (Who)
- Orson Scott Card disappearing act
- Comic titles we’d take over and what we’d do with them
British comic Mel Smith’s passing (R.I.P.)
Glee’s song tribute to Corey Monteith along with some song suggestions
South Australian boy pretends to be girl on Facebook and gets friends to send him nudes
Best Series – Saga
Best Writer – Brian K Vaughan
Best Writer/artist – Chris Ware
Best Penciller – David Aja and Chris Samnee (Tie)
Best Covers – David Aja
Best Coloring – Dave Stewart
Best Kids Publication – Adventure Time
Best Graphic Album – Building Stories
Simpsons/Family Guy crossover!
South Park: Stick of Truth will NOT feature DLC content
Agents of SHIELD first ep debut at SDCC
First footage and trailer for the Robocop remake
Kick Ass 2 red band trailer
Simpsons and Futurama crossover
Hellboy 3 to come
Prometheus comic from Dark Horse
Halo comic from Dark Horse
Tomb Raider by Gail Simone
Venture Bros art book
The Maxx and Hellboy artist editions
New ongoing Nightcrawler book
Deadpool Vs Carnage
Wolverine: Origin 2
Batman and Son animated movie
Assault on Arkham animated movie
Mark Gatiss cast in Game of Thrones
Tom Taylor steps up to writing on Earth 2 and Doom Patrol
Mon, 22 July 2013
VERY nerdy show today off the back of all the happenings (Nothing to do with M Night thankfully) at SDCC and big The Wolverine movie review!
Let’s have a look-see…..
Drive through liquor stores: Only in Australia?
Shameful McDonalds eaters
G Money give his quick thoughts on Pacific Rim
UFP Crew Questions
- The Collective Movie Experience
- Catching Fire/The Hunger Games
- Additional thoughts on the Deadpool game
MOVIE REVIEW – The Wolverine
NERD NEWS at 1 hour 26 mins
HUGE SDCC NEWS!!!!
- Superman/Batman movie in 2015
- The Flash in 2016
- Justice League by 2017
Guardians of the Galaxy casting confirmations
- Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Djimon Hounsou as Koranth
- Benicio Del Toro as The Collector
X Men: Days of Future Past
- Bishop, Wolverine, Kitty Pride, Storm, Magneto, Xavier
- Peter Dinklage as Boliver Trask
Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
Thu, 18 July 2013
Marvel casting rumours, Edgar Wright: Defender of Man of Steel and Australians and Science don’t mix
A very disorganized show (a shock right) and it came out sorta….. asshole.
The Big Bang Theory is a horrible show
Sucker Punch is a horrible movie
C Bomb’s High School Counsellorship and his hatred for graffiti
UFP Crew Questions!
Marvel Casting Rumours!
- Joseph Gordon Levitt to play Doctor Strange
- Days of Future Past: Peter Dinklage will be playing Boliver Trask
- James Marsden to return at Cyclops
- Josh Helman to play William Stryker
Spilled KY Lube cause evacuation
Tennessee doctors are busy diagnosing “Ghetto Booty”
Australians and Science don’t mix!
Corey Monteith: He died doing what he loved.
Rolling Stone: We wish they would just die
NERD NEWS @ 1 hour 3 mins
- Robert Downey Jr gets all the moneys
- Paranormal Activity 5 to be possibly be pushed back
- Edgar Wright comes to the defence of Man of Steel
Review - Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Review – Beware the Batman
- Ongoing Harley Quinn by Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner
- Cullen Bunn on Heroes (the TV series) for Dynamite
- Palmiotti to also do a 6 part mini for Painkiller Jane at Icon
- Howard Chaykin to do Shadow: Midnight in Moscow
- IGN readers (amongst many other people) won’t be buying the Xbox One
- The Ultimate Warrior is still Ultimate and in fact, a Warrior
- HUGE backlash on Plants Vs Zombies 2’s freemium model
Weekly game releases
16 July 2013
18 July 2013
Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time
22 July 2013
Mon, 15 July 2013
VERY French beginning to the show! But don’t let that stop you from listening!
C Bomb UNSEEING The Wolverine
Perth’s Nexus Collectables Fair
G Money is starring in the next series of Kyle XY
Make sure you check out our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/UltimateFacepalmUFP
Dirty Blonde giving C Bomb dirty looks
Homeless dudes now have no excuse to being filthy if they are near a gas station
The Vandals are FAR superior to The Offspring
UFP CREW Questions
- The airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
- Terrible people
- Johnny Depp’s amazing “portrayal” of a Native Americans
- Izzy “Al Jolson” Azalea
- Go get yourself a burrito…. But not between the hours of 3pm to 5pm!
- What we’d do all day if we were pigs
- Our picks for WWE Money in the bank matches
- Zimmerman Trial Verdict
- The Lanterns from the Green Lanterns, their powers and what to read if you’re getting back into Green Lantern
Brazilian man killed by a cow falling through his roof
A sad, pathetic narcissist is trying to sue Gucci over his $800 manbag
NERD NEWS at 1 hour 12 mins!!!
- Fantomex Max ongoing series by Andrew Hope and Shaun Crystal
- Inhumanity by Matt Fraction
- Marvel Knights returns!!!
Matt Kindt with Spider-Man
Brahm Revel with X-Men
Joe Keatinge with Hulk
- Summer Glau in season 2 of Arrow
- Actor’s likenesses in comics
- TV Shows to be perpetuated in comic form
- X-Force movie going ahead and to be directed by Jeff Wadlow (Kick Ass 2)
- Hugh Jackman pushing for Wolverine to feature in The Avengers
- Sharknado: It’s dumb
- Adam Sandler attacked by the world’s most-liked Cheetah
- Comic-Con backpacks hurt my brain!
- Zachary Quinto asserts Star Trek 3 could be filming as early as next year
- Johnny Depp to star in Alice in Wonderland 2 AND Pirates of the Caribbean 5
- New Street Fighter 4 announced Evo 2013
- Ducktales Remastered to be released in August across the US
- Hideo Kojima depressed by GTA V
- New Peter Parker: Spider-Man 5 issue mini by David Morrell (Rambo)
- Red Sonja by Gail Simone already in 3rd print (ie GET IT NOW!!!!)
Thu, 11 July 2013
PHEW! Long-ass show today! Lots to get through so here you go!
New Simpsons might be turning it around
Coining phrases such as “One-handed Ad” and “Gayer than Baz Luhrmann’s browsing history”
The “Jobs” cardboard cut-out may make you not want to see the movie
Another reason why we do the Podcast is revealed (and it’s in relation to a highly implausible scenario)
New vids are up on our YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/UltimateFacepalmUFP
Assholes….. Just….. assholes.
Shithead DJ who drove nurse to kill herself is now suing her employers
Getting SO drunk you want to pretend you’re Rebel Wilson
Here’s one for you for free, DON’T visit the Legoland Discovery Centre at the Ontario tourism centre without a child with you
Despicable Me 2
UPF CREW QUESTIONS!
Kick Ass 2 review shall be forthcoming
Vin Diesel meeting with Marvel
Which was worse; Nic Cage in Ghost Rider or Shaq in Steel?
NERD NEWS! @ 1 hour 30 mins
Ales Kot off Suicide Squad
Andrew Hope to write an ongoing Fantomex series
Fox to pick up League of Extraordinary Gentlemen series (and it will more than likely horrible)
Curse of Chucky will be released to no audience
Live action Jungle Book adaptation
Sandman Overture, 6 issues being released bi-monthly
New TV spot for Agents of SHIELD
Smash Brother will now be streaming
Rockstar Job listing hints at PC port for GTA5
Assassin’s Creed IV manga to be released in Jump X on August 10
Game releases for the week:
- 11 July 2013
Star Wars Pinball
Toki Tori 2
- 12 July 2013
Dynasty Warriors 8
Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
- 14 July 2013
Mega Man Unlimited
Mon, 8 July 2013
Back to our usual bloated near 2-hour format. Hope you enjoy the feast of bollocks talking!
Hipster news: Jim Kelly’s Passing
Bane is now a judge on So you think you can dance
C Bomb’s hate for MasterChef knows no bounds!
Official Statistic: Luigi’s Mansion 2 is more popular than Reef Doctors
Do people from Memphis hate Elvis?
UFP Crew questions
Movie review undertakings
Reminding people what a piece of shit Iron Man 3 was
New Perth comic store thoughts
When Pikachu isn’t Pikachu
Holly Willoughby loses her cool with Katie Hopkins in ANOTHER class row on 'This Morning’
News.com.au COMPLETELY shits the bed on a story about a local surfer who got detained in the Congo
NERD NEWS @ 1hr and 1 min
DC’s Damian: Son of Batman
Rafael Albuquerque on art for Animal Man
Possible Disney Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon
Guillermo Del Toro pushing for another Hellboy movie or even an Abe Sapien or BRPD TV Series
Both Hideo Kojima and Kayne West endorsements of Pacific Rim
The Goon sequel in the works
The Last of Us devs answer dumb questions
G Money’s Comic Reviews!
- Lazarus 4/5
- Uncanny 4.5/5
- Batman Superman Art: 5/5 Writing: 3.5/5
- Superior Foes of Spiderman 4/5
- What if? 2.5/5
Thu, 4 July 2013
A short one (due to our Man Of Steel review) to keep you going until Sunday. Let’s have at it!
SUPANOVA wrap up
We play our new game “G Money Guesses Groupon!!!!!”
UFP Crew Questions
- Florida Vs George Zimmerman
- Douchebags at Supanova
- Jim Carrey about Kick Ass 2
“Comedian” Josh Thomas once again, pushes the boundary of the definition of “Comedian”
Fifi Box once again, pushes the boundary of “relevancy“
Texan teens Justin Carter hauled off to jail for bad taste FB comments
Will.i.am Vs Pharrell
Neil Gaiman’s American Gods signed for 6 seasons on HBO
- Hinterkind by Ian Edgington
- The Discipline by Peter Milligan
- Dead Boy Detectives By Toby Litt
- Suiciders by Lee Bermejo (both writing and art)
Image Expo News!
- MPH By Mark Millar and Duncan Fegredo
- Velvet by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting
- ODY-C by Matt Fraction and Christian Ward
- Southern Bastards by Jason Aaron and Jason Latour
- Black Science by Rick Remender, Matteo Scalera and Dean White
- Deadly Class by Rick Remender and Wesley Craig
- Alone by J Michael Straczynski and Bill Sienkiewicz
- Lost Souls by J Michael Straczynski and Colleen Doran
- Dream Police by J Michael Straczynski and Mike Deodato
- The Walking Dead will be released bi-weekly
Wolverine gum that no-one should buy!
State Of Decay re-submitted to the Australian Classification Board
Latest GTA V needs a little room
Mad Max will be Australian after all!
If you’re an Xbox Fanboy, be ready to be labelled a “Chikan” or “Groper/pervert” in Japan
Terminator rebooting as a new trilogy
Captain Planet: THE MOVIE!!!
Geoff Johns to write for the new Arrow series
Agents of SHIELD promos
Dark Horse to re-launch the “Aliens” franchise
Private Eye #3
Thu, 4 July 2013
Here is our full no-holds-barred, no "beg your pardons" review of Man Of Steel.
No breaks and FULL OF ALL THE SPOILERS!!!!!! You HAVE been warned!